At PBL we pride ourselves on creating an environment where you are not constrained by your position or your department function. We are still small enough that you have an opportunity to learn things outside of the traditional boundaries of your job description. You are encouraged to talk to others in different departments, learn new skills, work on interdepartmental projects, and develop both personally and professionally. As a matter of fact, we require it. We work to support, challenge, and inspire each other, so we can all succeed together.
Click here to see what we strive to be and what’s important to us - these are the key principles that reflect the kind of company we are.
PBL offers a compensation package including a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to see an overview of our benefits.
After reviewing all of the above, if you think you would be a good fit at PBL, please see our current openings below and apply for the position for which you are qualified.
Reports to: Quality Director
Summary: To ensure the quality of PBL reagents the Quality Control (QC) Scientist I will perform release and stability bioassay testing of interferons and antibodies and release testing of manufactured ELISA kits. In addition, the QC Scientist I will perform bioassays to troubleshoot relevant customer issues and design and initiate experiments and projects to improve the quality of PBL products. The QC Scientist I may also serve as back up to the Manufacturing, Product Development, or Assay Services departments as needed: such additional duties may include running cell-based assays, designing and performing ELISA testing protocols, vialing finish products, and solution preparation. This individual will be involved with document control, SOP writing, and recordkeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform bioassay testing, ELISA testing, basic protein characterization and troubleshooting
- Implement accelerated and real-time stability testing on products
- Assist in addressing technical reagent and ELISA kit issues encountered by customers
- Write documents including SOP and SDS forms and review Document Change Requests
- Review completed Assay Services data reports
- Submit complete and accurate records according to SOPs
- Develop and implement new QC procedures as directed by supervisor
- Performs additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned
- Assist Manufacturing, Product Development, and Assay Services departments as needed
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment such as plate washer, microplate coating machine, and pH meter
- Perform additional short-term and long-term projects based on professional interest and requirements of the company, such as writing application notes and technical notes
- 4-year degree in biological sciences
- 1-2 years’ relevant laboratory experience
- Attention to detail required
- Experience in performing ELISAs required
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assays preferred
- Experience with kinetic endotoxin detection assays preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Standard Office/Lab work demands
- No heavy lifting or carrying required
- Office/Lab environment
- Will be notified of any potential harmful exposure
These job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and are subject to change by the employer at any time as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
We regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants; only those of interest will be contacted.