PBL Assay Science, InterferonSource and InterferonForce Websites are committed to protecting your privacy. To inform you of steps we take to protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you may elect regarding the ways in which your information is collected and used.
The Assay Science, InterferonSource and InterferonForce Websites provide an opportunity for users to learn more about our content, products, and services. Our goal is to help you accomplish your experiments expeditiously, reliably, and in a cost-efficient manner.
Information Collection and Use
Assay Science, InterferonSource and InteferonForce measure the performance of their Websites in order to determine how we may improve and expand upon the content and services we provide. We have designed our Websites so that you are not required to provide any personally identifiable information unless you are requesting access to certain options and services. We, along with our third party partners engaged to provide marketing and advertising on our behalf, only collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us. You may choose at any time not to provide personally identifiable information, although this may restrict our ability to provide requested services or information.
The following is personally identifiable information that you may volunteer to provide to us and examples of how we use such information:
- Online Ordering and Subscription Registration: If you complete an online Order Form or Registration Form on our Websites, we may use the personally identifiable information in such forms to process your request for services and information. Personally identifiable information may also be used if you request to receive certain information via fax or email. We may use this information to send you a “Welcome” email; to verify or confirm updates to your username and password; to provide information about Website updates and special offers; and to provide other responsive information to the questions or data you share with us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we may improve our Websites. We use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. For example, in order to ship a package to you, we disclose the information necessary to perform processing of your online order which may include your name, street address, phone number, Zip/Postal Code, state and country, email address, and limited billing data.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: Personally identifiable information may be obtained from you if you choose to participate in our interactive services, including questionnaires and web surveys. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest based on your answers. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we may improve our Websites.
- Email Notifications and Newsletters: We may use information obtained from you, such as contact information (name and email address), to complete your submitted request to receive specific company information such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Request to Email Information to a Friend: If you elect to use our referral services and provide information for us to contact a colleague, family member, or friend, we may use the personally identifiable information obtained from you regarding your colleague, family member, or friend to send a one-time email inviting the recipient to visit our Websites. Personally identifiable information provided by you may also be used to inform the recipient of your (the sender’s) name. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this email.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about the use of our Website by our visitors. This information is then compiled and analyzed in a way that does not identify our visitors personally. We use non-identifying information to improve the content of our web pages, and for systems administration. We do not share this information with any other organizations for commercial purposes. The information may include without limitation the referring Uniform Resource Locator (URL), indicating from where a visitor to our Website has come, which URLs have been visited on our Website and in what order, what browser is being used, and what Internet Protocol (IP) address a visitor used to get to our Website. We may also use such information for Website and system administration. PBL maintains log files of web traffic to our Websites. We do not link any information gathered in these log files to personally identifying information. Log files are used to manage traffic loads and information technology requirements for providing reliable service. Information collected includes IP addresses and browser types.
- Linked Websites: On occasion, we may provide links to third-party Websites. You acknowledge that such links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement by Assay Science, InterferonSource or InterferonForce of such third-party Websites. Since we do not control these Websites, we assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of such Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those sites and all third-party Websites.
Data Storage and Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to your personally identifying information, and we restrict access to such information to those PBL employees who need to know that information in order to provide our services. Assay Science, InterferonSource and InterferonForce take reasonable steps to protect any personal data you provide and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. InterferonSource and InterferonForce use generally accepted security standards and principles but have not taken additional action to secure data provided to their sites. Such transmissions that are subject to normal Internet security risks.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from our Websites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding the extent of the information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to Assay Science, InterferonSource, InterferonForce, or to any other party via the Internet. Moreover, when you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on our Websites, it is your responsibility to safeguard such personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, your parent or legal guardian must register.
Choice to Opt Out
If at any time, you wish to discontinue receiving information from us, or to have your personal information removed from our Websites, please click on UNSUBSCRIBE.
- Please note that this ‘opt-out’ strategy only applies to information provided from our Websites.
If you have any questions relating to your choice to ‘opt-out’ at any time, please contact us at email@example.com.
Access to Information and Correction Resolution
You may at any time request access to a summary of your personal information held by PBL, and request corrections or updates to that information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PBL will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to such requests, but reserves the right to limit such requests. Further, our response to such requests may be limited to information under our direct control.
Updating This Policy
By using Assay Science, InterferonSource and InterferonForce Websites, you are consenting to the collection and use of the information as stated above.
We will revise and update this Policy when our practices change, as technology changes, or as we add new services or change existing ones. We will post these changes on this page so that you may be aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose this information.
How to Contact Us
Thank you for visiting us!