At PBL we pride ourselves on creating an environment where you are not constrained by your position or your department function. We are still small enough that you have an opportunity to learn things outside of the traditional boundaries of your job description. You are encouraged to talk to others in different departments, learn new skills, work on interdepartmental projects, and develop both personally and professionally. As a matter of fact, we require it. We work to support, challenge, and inspire each other, so we can all succeed together.
Click here to see what we strive to be and what’s important to us - these are the key principles that reflect the kind of company we are.
PBL offers a compensation package including a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to see an overview of our benefits.
After reviewing all of the above, if you think you would be a good fit at PBL, please see our current openings below and apply for the position for which you are qualified.
Current Job Openings: We don't have any job vacancies currently.
Facility and IT Intern
Reports To: Managing Director, Product Division
This internship offers practical work experience, an introduction to Windows desktop support and an opportunity to gain experience with technical operations. This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real technical projects, and interaction with staff. This a wonderful opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the computer field.
The Facility and IT intern will work with Facility Manager to provide direct technical assistance and support to PBL staff for network, hardware and software issues. The Facility and IT intern will work with Managing Director, Products Division to create procedures for equipment operation and maintenance and facility related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components and desktop operating system software updates.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to PBL technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and writing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate on documents filing, scanning, and organizing.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform additional duties and projects as required or assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Currently enrolled in and attending a college or university.
- Must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Applicants should have the ability to participate in writing Standard Operating Procedure for facility equipment.
- Self-starter, attention to details, ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Standard Office/Lab work demands.
- No heavy lifting or carrying required.
- Office/Lab environment.
- Will be notified of any potential harmful exposure.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. Kindly discuss your relevant experience and explain why you are seeking this job. Please also include your visa status.
We regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants; only those of interest will be contacted.