Human IFN-Alpha Multi-Subtype ELISA Kit (Serum, Plasma, TCM)
Catalog Number: 41110
This Human IFN-Alpha ELISA kit detects 11 of 12 major IFN-Alpha subtypes in serum, plasma, and tissue culture media (TCM).
Product Name: VeriKine Human Interferon-Alpha Multi-Subtype ELISA Kit (Serum, Plasma,TCM)
|Matrix Compatibility||Serum, Plasma, Tissue Culture Media|
|Assay Range||12.5 - 1000 pg/ml|
|Assay Length||3 hours, 15 minutes|
|Specificity||Human Interferon Alpha|
The VeriKine Human IFN-Alpha Multi-Subtype Serum ELISA kit is designed to provide accurate measurement of human IFN-Alpha amounts in serum and plasma samples. This kit quantitates human IFN-Alpha in human sera, plasma and tissue culture media using a sandwich immunoassay. The kit is based on an ELISA with anti-detection antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP). Tetramethyl-benzidine (TMB) is the substrate. The assay is based on the international reference standard for human interferon alpha (Hu-IFN-a) provided by the National Institutes of Health.
*For global subtype detection and additional sensitivity, we recommend our Human IFN-Alpha All-Subtype TCM ELISA Kit, High Sensitivity (Cat. No. 41135-1).
*For global subtype detection, additional sensitivity, and complex biological matrices such as plasma and serum, we recommend our Human IFN-Alpha All-Subtype ELISA Kit, High Sensitivity (Cat. No. 41115-1).
|CVs and Spike Recovery||
Inter-Assay: ≤ 8%
No cross-reactivity against
|Synonyms||IFN alpha, IFN-a, interferon alpha, IFN alpha 2, IFN-a2, interferon alpha 2, Leukocyte interferon, Leukocyte IFN, alpha interferon, interferon alfa, IFN alfa, interferon alpha 2a, IFN alpha 2a, interferon a, interferon alpha 2b, IFN alpha 2b, Type I interferon alpha, Type I IFN alpha|
|Expiration Date||Twenty-one months from the date of manufacture|
|Shipping Condition||Wet Ice|
- Pre-coated microtiter plate(s)
- Plate Sealers
- Wash Solution Concentrate
- Human IFN-Alpha Standard, 10,000 pg/ml
- Sample Diluent
- Antibody Concentrate
- HRP Conjugate Concentrate
- Concentrate Diluent
- TMB Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Dilution Buffer
Additional Materials Required (Not Provided)
- Microplate reader capable of reading an OD at a wavelength of 450 nm
- Variable volume microtiter pipettes
- Adjustable multichannel pipette (50-300 μl)
- Reagent reservoirs
- Wash bottle or plate washing system
- Distilled or deionized water
- Serological pipettes (1, 5, 10 or 25 ml)
- Disposable pipette tips (polypropylene)
- Plate shaker
Tech Info & Data
Tips, Tools and Troubleshooting:
Spike Recovery of IFN-Alpha in Different Matrices
|Low (30 pg/ml)||Medium (300 pg/ml)||High (800 pg/ml)|
|Normal Human Serum||94%||100%||96%|
Normal Human Plasma
Normal Human Plasma
Normal Human Plasma
Interferons (IFNs) are a family of cytokines produced by macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells and other somatic cells in response to viruses and pathogens. Interferon Alpha (IFN-alpha), a type I interferon, was one of the first FDA-approved biotherapeutic treatments. Additionally, there is a growing amount of evidence suggesting IFN-alpha may be involved in certain autoimmune diseases such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). Accurate and reproducible detection of IFN-alpha in human serum or plasma plays an important role in advancing immunological investigation and drug discovery.
- Chathuranga, et al., (2023), "Gadd45b is critical for regulation of type I interferon signaling by facilitating G3BP-mediated stress granule formation", Cell Reports, 42(11):113358, PMID: 37917584, DOI: 10.1016/j.celrep.2023.113358 (link)
- Abbasifard, M. et al., (2023), "Evaluation of the interaction between tumor growth factor-b and interferon type I pathways in patients with COVID-19: factoriung on ages 1 to 90 years", BMC Infect. Dis., 23(1):248, PMID: 37072722, DOI: 10.1186/s12879-023-08225-9, (link)
- Tojo, S. et al., (2020), "Structural analysis reveals TLR7 dynamics underlying antagonism", Nat Commun., 11(1):5204, PMID: 33060576, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-19025-z (link)
- Ding, Siyuan, et al. (2018). STAG2 deficiency induces interferon responses via cGAS-STING pathway and restricts virus infection. Nature, 8 pgs. PMID: 29662124. (link)
- Oka, Takakazu, et al. (2018). Changes in Fatigue, Autonomic Functions, and Blood Biomarkers Due to Sitting Isometric Yoga in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. BioPsychoSocial Medicine, 11 pgs. PMID: 29643935. (link)
- Xi, Yang, et al. (2015). Rhinovirus Stimulated IFN-alpha Production: How Important Are Plasmacytoid DCs, Monocytes, and Endosomal pH?. Clinical & Translational Immunology, 8 pgs. PMID: 26682054. (link)
- Pellerin, Alex, et al. (2015). Anti-BDCA2 Monoclonal Antibody Inhibits Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Activation Through Fc-Dependent and Fc-Independent Mechanisms. EMBO Molecular Medicine, 14 pgs. PMID: 25762615. (link)
- Liu, Li, et al. (2012). Influenza A virus induces interleukin-27 through cyclooxygenase-2 and protein kinase A signaling. JBC, 13 pgs. PMID: 22343630. (link)
- Cai, Yongming, et al. (2011). Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution, excretion, and antiviral activity of pegylated recombinant human consensus interferon-α variant in monkeys, rats and guinea pigs. Regulatory Peptides, 8 pgs. PMID: 21985916. (link)
- Liao, Anne, et al. (2011). Interferon β is associated with type 1 interferon-inducible gene expression in dermatomyositis. Annals of the Rheumatic Disease, 6 pgs. PMID: 21177291. (link)
- Van Brussel, et al. (2011). Decreased Numbers of Peripheral Blood Dendritic Cells in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease are Associated with Diminished Plasma Flt3 Ligand Levels and Impaired Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Function. Clinical Science, 11 pgs. PMID: 21143200. (link)
- Traore, Abdel, et al. (2011). Impact of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) on Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) Treated HIV+ Adults in Mali: A Single Blind Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of AIDS and HIV Research, 9 pgs. PMID: no PMID. (link)
- Meythaler, Mareike, et al. (2009). Differential CD4+ T-Lymphocyte Apoptosis and Bystander T-Cell Activation in Rhesus Macaques and Sooty Mangabeys during Acute Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Infection. JVI, 12 pgs. PMID: 18987149. (link)
- Yu, Xue-Lian, et al. (2008). Measles Virus Infection in Adults Induces Production of IL-10 and is Associated with Increased CD4+ CD25+ Regulatory T Cells. Journal of Immunology, 12 pgs. PMID: 18981159. (link)
- Park, SH, et al. (2008). Codelivery of PEG-IFN-alpha inhibits HCV DNA vaccine-induced T cell responses but not humoral responses in African green monkeys. Vaccine, 6 pgs. PMID: 18556097. (link)
- Duan, Hangjun, et al. (2008). Combined analysis of monocyte and lymphocyte messenger RNA expression with serum protein profiles in patients with scleroderma. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 10 pgs. PMID: 18438864. (link)
- Cheng, Gong, et al. (2007). Alpha interferon is a powerful adjuvant for a recombinant protein vaccine against foot-and-mouth disease virus in swine, and an effective stimulus of in vivo immune response. Vaccine. PMID: 17555848. (link)
- Masci, P, et al. (2007). Gene modulatory effects, pharmacokinetics, and clinical tolerance of interferon-alpha1b: a second member of the interferon-alpha family. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 8 pgs. PMID: 17339865. (link)
- Yoshikawa, et al (2006). Elevation of IL-12 p40 and its antibody in myasthenia gravis with thymoma. Journal of Neuroimmunology. PMID: 16574246. (link)
- Wang, Yichuan, et al. (2005). The Toll-Like Receptor 7 (TLR7) Agonist, Imiquimod, and the TLR9 Agonist, CpG ODN, Induce Antiviral Cytokines and Chemokines but Do Not Prevent Vaginal Transmission of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus When Applied Intravaginally to Rhesus Macaques. JVI, 16 pgs. PMID: 16254370. (link)
- Yang, Jia Jin, et al. (2004). Circumvention of normal constraints on granule protein gene expression in peripheral blood neutrophils and monocytes of patients with antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated glomerulonephritis. JASN, 12 pgs. PMID: 15284296. (link)
- Staehelin, T., Stähli, C., Hobbs, D.S., and Pestka, S. (1981) "A Rapid Quantitative Assay of High Sensitivity for Human Leukocyte Interferon with Monoclonal Antibodies," in Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 79 (S. Pestka, ed.), Academic Press, New York, 589-595.
- Kelder, B., Rashidbaigi, A., and Pestka, S. (1986) "A Sandwich Radioimmunoassay for Human IFN-a," in Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 119 (S. Pestka, ed.), Academic Press, New York, 582-587.
- Human IFN-α international reference standard provided by the NIH, reference no. Gxa01-901-535. Pestka, S. (1986) "Interferon Standards and General Abbreviations," in Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 119 (S. Pestka, ed.), Academic Press, New York, 14-23.
- Rubinstein, M., Levy, W.P., Moschera, J.A., Lai, C.-Y., Hershberg, R.D., Bartlett, R.T., and Pestka, S. (1981) "Human Leukocyte Interferon: Isolation and Characterization of Several Molecular Forms," Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 210, 307-318.